Artists-in-Residence and Scholars-in-Residence are an important part of Beth Emeth's congregation-wide learning as well as helping us celebrate special occasions.
- Past artists in residence have included performer and composer Sam Glaser, Jewish storyteller Noa Baum, various Jewish authors for "Read, Rave & Roll Weekend," acting troupe Storah-Telling and playwright, actress, Jewish educator and cantor (and cabaret singer extraordinaire) Rebecca Joy Fletcher.
- In November, 2013, Jewish country music singer/songwriter Stacy Beyer helped celebrate the installation of Rabbi Michelle L. (Mina) Goldsmith at CBE. Stacy entertained us at a rousing concert and held song-writing workshops for several groups of students and adults. You can listen to the songs produced in these workships and read the lyrics to share the experience!
- In November, 2014 we partnered with the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia for a shul-wide discussion of The Book of Jonah with author Joshua Max Feldman.
- In January, 2015, in conjunction with Martin Luther King, Jr. Day we hosted Kosher Soul Chef Michael Twitty for Shabbat Dinner, and then Saturday evening enjoyed a concert by "The King of Kosher Gospel," Joshua Nelson.
- In November, 2016, we hosted Scholar-in-Residence Rabbi Jonathan Porath, who spoke on several interesting and educational topics.
- In March, 2017 we had the privelege of a weekend-long visit from former CBE Rabbi David Ebstein, focusing on the role that Israel plays in Jewish life, past and present.
- Then in October of the same year, artists-in-residence The Bible Players participated in a weekend of fun and experiential Torah learning for all ages.
- Most recently, in May 2018 we were inspired by the self-proclaimed "Mitzvah Maniac" Danny Siegel in a scholar-in-residence weekend with sessions throughout Shabbat and Sunday.
What's next? Stay tuned, and check the CBE Calendar!