Beth Emeth Early Childhood Center
Registration Now Open:
- 2017-18 School Year: BEECC Preschool Brochure and BEECC Registration Form
- Summer 2017: Kaitana Preschool Summer Brochure 2017 and Registration Form
BEECC focuses on meeting the developmental needs of children in physical, emotional, social, cognitive and spiritual growth. Our school is influenced by the Reggio Emilia Approach, which is built upon the fundamental principles of child development and is known around the world for its innovative and child-centered philosophy. BEECC takes an experiential and intentional approach to teaching and learning; through a careful inquiry process, we start with what the children know and what they wish to learn more about. We believe that all children are naturally curious and have unlimited potential to become life-long learners with strong Jewish values.
The Fine Points:
BEECC offers small classes with low student to teacher ratios in a stimulating and loving environment. Our classrooms are designed as a teaching laboratory, offering creative spaces that stimulate thinking, foster relationships and promote a child’s sense of identity as an individual and as part of the larger community. Guided by a caring, professional staff, BEECC inspires your children to have positive feelings about themselves and others, as well as interest in their heritage.
- At BEECC, we believe in the axiom "chanoch l'naar al pi darko” educate each child according to his or her nature. Every child is unique, with his/her own interests and learning styles and we match our curriculum to meet the developmental needs of the individual child. We provide a wide range of experiences, including the use of art materials, music appreciation, movement and dance, storytelling, cooking, and discovery in nature and science. Jewish customs, traditions, and the Hebrew language are also introduced at BEECC. We promote an environment where children can develop the critical thinking and problem solving skills for a successful and meaningful life.
- Our Jewish values drive celebration of Jewish holidays with programs and activities that encourage family participation. Shabbat is special at BEECC and celebrated with a school-wide “Shabbat Sing” where students and faculty come together to sing and dance at a short Torah service. We also celebrate Shabbat in each classroom with a rotating “Shabbat child of the week.” Shabbat family services and “Torah for Tots,” a monthly Shabbat morning program, enhances the children's introduction to Shabbat and other holidays through songs, dances, stories, discussions, and food.
- Students attending our preschool come from many parts of Northern Virginia, including Herndon, Reston, Fairfax, Chantilly, Centreville, Ashburn, Manassas, Great Falls, Oakton, Vienna, Gainesville, and Alexandria.
- Enrollment is open to all children, regardless of ethnic, cultural, or religious background. Classes are grouped by age. Optional after-school enrichment classes are also offered. For children not quite old enough to enter preschool, we offer a Caregiver-Child class called “Budding BEECCers.” For more information and a personal tour, please contact BEECC Director Judy Fox-Tepper at 703-860-4515, ext. 115 or BEECC Administrative Assistant Renee Williams at 703-860-4515, ext 114.