A few important and not-so-important facts about Congregation Beth Emeth -- and how you can join in:
CBE’s USY (youth group for grades 9-12) has won Chapter of the Year 3 times since 2009.
- Youth Group membership is part of CBE Religious School registration, and children of non-CBE members are also welcome.
- General information is on the Youth Activities page, and contact Youth Director Sara Pollack to get started! We hope to see you at future USY & Kadima events and at Second Monday!
A graduate of BEECC and CBE’s Religious School will be ordained as a Conservative Rabbi this spring.
- Find out more about BEECC and Religious School online, and/or contact Beth Emeth Early Childhood Center (BEECC) Director Robin Cohen and Religious School Director Ita Mandel.
CBE’s Torah Readers range from pre-teens to 70s, and many learned to leyn (chant Torah) as adults.
- To learn how to leyn at any age, contact David Cerny, who leads occasional adult and youth (pre-b'nai mitzvah age) classes.
- If you already know how, contact Claire Fine to get on the leyning list. And check the online photos of our Torahs that you can use for practicing!
- We look forward to celebrating your first torah reading at CBE.
25 People from our community went on a learning and fun trip to Israel with Rabbi Mina earlier this year.
- If you are interested in learning about a future congregational trip, please contact Rabbi Mina.
5 USYers from CBE toured the US, Israel, & Eastern Europe with USY Summer Programs in 2017, and 6 are already signed up for Summer 2018
- If you would like to learn more about the experiences of our teens, contact Youth Director Sara Pollack.
- To see the USY's program offerings, go to the USY summer travel programs page.
Sisterhood’s Knitzvah has hand made more than 200 hats, 50 scarves, 20 blankets and 15 pairs of baby booties for those in need.
- Learn about and join Sisterhood online, and/or contact Sisterhood Co-Presidents Jennifer DeAngelis and Kyla Hartunian.
Over 75 CBE members donated, cooked or volunteered at Hypothermia Prevention Dinners during winter 2017-18. Plus many RS students baked brownies and cookies for dessert!
- Learn more about CBE's Social Action activities online, and/or contact Social Action Co-Chairs Janet & Ron Klayton.
Quite a few CBE Religious School Madrichim (teacher's aides) have gone on to teach religious school and lead Jewish youth programs during college and beyond.
- Learn more about the Religious School's Madrich program online, and/or contact Religious School Director Ita Mandel.
CBE holds approximately 250 worship services each year; quite a few are lay-led.
- We invite you to participate in any CBE worship service; details on upcoming services are on the What's Happening page, and you can also find Services This Month on our site.
- If you would like to learn how to lead services (or already know how), please contact Ritual Vice President Ellyn Hirsch to find a tutor (or get on the schedule). As a special bonus, we have audio recordings of many of our services online, to practice from or to learn CBE's customs.
The Beth Emeth Early Childhood Center (BEECC) has set up a “Little Free Library” outdoors, for all to use.
- Find out more about BEECC online, and/or contact Beth Emeth Early Childhood Center (BEECC) Director Robin Cohen. (And check out the free lending library outside the school entrance!)
CBE Men’s Club chooses a “Blue Yarmulke Man of the Year” every year. In 2017 Mark Levinson was so honored.
- Learn more about Men's Club and/or contact Men's Club President Jamie MacDonald.
Both our USY and Kadima youth group advisors grew up at CBE.