RELIGIOUS SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Supervised by Religious School Director
15 hours/week (includes Wednesday evening and Sunday morning hours)
We are a vibrant and welcoming synagogue in Northern Virginia looking for an administrative assistant for our Religious School (RS). The primary mission of the Religious School is to give our children the basic tools and inspiration to live their lives Jewishly, and the Administrative Assistant is a key team member supporting our programs towards this mission.
- Perform general office duties including coordination with other staff members and volunteers, scheduling, purchasing and organizing supplies and books
- Maintain paper and electronic files including student and employee records
- Assist with logistics of special programs such as field trips, essay contests and family learning programs
- Prepares weekly email news and mailings as needed
- Administer class registration and follow-up steps
- Maintain database of students, activities etc.
- Financial administration including tracking of expenses and revenues, preparing deposits, maintaining staff sign-in sheets, assisting with budget projections, etc.
- Organize and prepare food for snacks and special programs
- Interact with parents and students in a friendly and helpful manner, including in-person, making follow-up calls and sending emails as needed
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Religious School Director
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent computer skills including competence with Microsoft Office
- Outstanding oral and written communication
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Religious School Teachers
Line up a job to teach religious school!
Congregation Beth Emeth Religious School is looking for some enthusiastic and innovative teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. We have Sunday morning (9:00AM-12:00PM) and Wednesday (4:30-6:30PM) positions available, in a range of grades K-9. A love of kids, a responsible nature and knowledge of Jewish religion and culture are a must; teaching experience and facility with Hebrew are great, but not necessary for all positions. If you would like to get back into teaching religious school, or try it for the first time, email Ita Mandel at [email protected] and include a brief introduction and resume. Salary is competitive and based on experience. You can learn more about our religious school on the religious school page.
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHERS
Teach at Beth Emeth Early Childhood Center (BEECC)!
We are seeking dynamic and passionate Early Childhood Educators to join our educational team at our Reggio-Inspired synagogue preschool in Herndon, VA. Our preschool program serves children ages one through five in a vibrant learning environment focused first and foremost on supporting social-emotional development through play-based learning and emergent curriculum. We value children's thoughts and ideas and pride ourselves on our caring sense of community.
Position hours will include three to five mornings a week (9:00 AM - 1:30 PM). Position to start in late August.
Successful candidates will have a solid understanding of child development, an openness to professional growth, a commitment to working collaboratively as part of a co-teaching team, strong communication skills (oral, writing, reading), and enthusiasm for the educational process of inquiry, observation, and reflection.
Degree in ECE or related field, experience of at least two years in early childhood education settings, and a familiarity with the Reggio Emilia Approach preferred. Applicants from all religious backgrounds are welcome but must be willing to learn about Jewish values, traditions, and rituals.
At Beth Emeth Early Childhood Center (BEECC) we focus on meeting the developmental needs of children in physical, emotional, social, cognitive and spiritual growth. Our school is influenced by the Reggio Emilia Approach, which is built upon the fundamental principles of child development and is known around the world for its innovative and child-centered philosophy. BEECC takes an experiential and intentional approach to teaching and learning; we believe that all children are naturally curious and competent and have unlimited potential to become life-long learners with strong Jewish values.
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You can learn more about our school at http://beecc.org.