We are a vibrant and welcoming Conservative synagogue in Northern Virginia looking for an experienced Accountant to perform all of our day-to-day accounting and finance functions.
GENERAL DUTIES AND STRUCTURE
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of Accounts Payable transactions; prepare annual 1099s/1096
- Perform all activities in the Accounts Receivable process including billings and cash receipt application
- Deposit cash receipts daily using Remote Deposit Capture
- Monitor cash balances and assist with cash management
- Process semi-monthly and monthly Payroll using Paychex Flex
- Prepare monthly journal entries and bank/account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial statements and management reports
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget, and assist the Executive Director in monitoring budget compliance
- Provide financial analysis as needed
- Coordinate annual accounting review with independent CPA firm
- Ensure compliance with appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintain synagogue database, accounting system, and internal controls over accounting transactions
- Assist in preparation of materials for office and congregational mailings
- Work on special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3-5 years of experience performing day-to-day accounting duties
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, and Paychex Flex a plus
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with management, staff, lay leaders, and congregants
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and quickly respond to changes in priorities
- Candidate must have the ability to multi-task
37.5 hours a week (office closes at 2:30 pm on Fridays)
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
RELIGIOUS SCHOOL TEACHERS
Line up a job to teach religious school!
Congregation Beth Emeth Religious School is looking for some enthusiastic and innovative teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. We have Sunday morning (9:00AM-12:00PM) and Wednesday (4:30-6:30PM) positions available, in a range of grades K-9. A love of kids, a responsible nature and knowledge of Jewish religion and culture are a must; teaching experience and facility with Hebrew are great, but not necessary for all positions. If you would like to get back into teaching religious school, or try it for the first time, email Ellie Klein at [email protected] and include a brief introduction and resume. Salary is competitive and based on experience. You can learn more about our religious school on the religious school page.
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHERS
Teach at Beth Emeth Early Childhood Center (BEECC)!
We are seeking dynamic and passionate Early Childhood Educators to join our educational team at our Reggio-Inspired synagogue preschool in Herndon, VA. Our preschool program serves children ages one through five in a vibrant learning environment focused first and foremost on supporting social-emotional development through play-based learning and emergent curriculum. We value children's thoughts and ideas and pride ourselves on our caring sense of community.
Position hours will include three to five mornings a week (9:00 AM - 1:30 PM). Position to start in late August.
Successful candidates will have a solid understanding of child development, an openness to professional growth, a commitment to working collaboratively as part of a co-teaching team, strong communication skills (oral, writing, reading), and enthusiasm for the educational process of inquiry, observation, and reflection.
Degree in ECE or related field, experience of at least two years in early childhood education settings, and a familiarity with the Reggio Emilia Approach preferred. Applicants from all religious backgrounds are welcome but must be willing to learn about Jewish values, traditions, and rituals.
At Beth Emeth Early Childhood Center (BEECC) we focus on meeting the developmental needs of children in physical, emotional, social, cognitive and spiritual growth. Our school is influenced by the Reggio Emilia Approach, which is built upon the fundamental principles of child development and is known around the world for its innovative and child-centered philosophy. BEECC takes an experiential and intentional approach to teaching and learning; we believe that all children are naturally curious and competent and have unlimited potential to become life-long learners with strong Jewish values.
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You can learn more about our school at http://beecc.org.