CBE's One-Stop Publicity Tool
The EZ Publicity Tool allows anyone planning an event or program at CBE to report the Who-What-Where-When details, select where the news should go, send any attachments via email, and the Communications Committee takes care of the rest! (Special instructions for Bar/Bat Mitzvah projects.)
Before submitting the EZ Publicity Form, please be sure your event is correctly listed on the CBE Online Calendar. If not, please go to the calendar and submit your date request and event details there. Please consult the CBE Calendar Guide the first time you do so; it contains both policy and technical guidance on creating a login, submitting and updating calendar items. Once the calendar is complete, come on back to EZ Publicity. We encourage you to review the Guide to Communications at CBE online as you complete this form for the first time.
- Where does my information go?
When you submit your event information to the Communications Committee through EZ Publicity, the information will automatically be shared with those who manage the Weekly Announcements, the Website, The Shofar, Facebook, lobby posters and other publicity tools. This process helps to ensure that no opportunity is missed to publicize your event or program.
- How Will I Know You Received My Information?
The Communications Team will review your submission within 48 hours of receiving it. Someone from the team will forward any questions to confirm the information submitted. Once the information has been approved for publication, you will receive an e-mail confirming its approval.
- What if I only want a "Save The Date" now because I'm still planning the event details?
Please think through your plan and tell us what media resources you will want to use, even the content is not ready now or you are unsure. Add a note with when you expect to send the final details to use in the Weekly Announcements and elsewhere. Then re-send your information with the details (making sure to note that this is an update.)
- What if I want to update what I submitted? You can either (1) submit the form again -- just fill out the event name and your contact info and note the changes on the form and/or in the comment section at the bottom; or (2) forward the confirmation email you received with your original form entry to [email protected], and highlight/bold the changes or include them at the top of your email.
- What if I don't have so much lead time?
Send your information as requested below and we'll spread the word as best we can.
- What deadlines should I know about?
The Shofar deadline for each issue is the 5th of the previous month. Weekly Announcement deadlines: (1) Event and activity announcements deadline is Monday noon, and for Shabbat/Holiday-related announcements, Wednesday noon. Please remember that items must be reviewed and approved before these deadlines, so allow at least one extra day.
- How do I send attachments?
Please send any photos, logos, other graphics (jpg or gif formats) or flyers/poster files (editable form preferred -- MS Word/Powerpoint or Publisher) to [email protected].