Mitzvah Opportunities for Everyone
April 10, 2016, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
All over the world, hundreds of thousands choose to volunteer and help others on Good Deeds Day, putting into practice the simple idea that every single person can do something good, be it large or small, to improve the lives of others and positively change the world.
At CBE, we’ll have activities for everyone, from small children to teens to adults of all ages and abilities. A few examples:
- Creating hats for sick children
- Making fleece blankets and scarves
- Potting plants for patients
- Knitting and crocheting baby booties
- Making butterflies for the CBE Butterfly Project
- Writing letters to IDF soldiers
- Making snack bags for the shelter
- Polishing CBE’s silver ritual items
- Making dog & cat toys
- Outdoor cleanup
- USY bake sale to fund Tikkun Olam
- And much more! Check back here for an up-to-date list, as we finalize additional projects. And check out photos from last year's Good Deeds Day.
On Good Deeds Day we’ll also be collecting:
- Toiletries for the homeless — the shelter’s special needs are: deodorant, disposable razors, men’s underwear (boxers/briefs) and socks
- Old/broken cell phones, MP3 players & tablets for the Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse
Do You Need to RSVP?
If you have a child in Religious School, we know you’ll be there; no need to RSVP (but note special time!) But we hope the whole CBE community, and nearby friends, will join in! To help with planning, RSVPs are appreciated from those who do NOT have family members in the CBE Religious School, at www.shalomdc.org/gdd2016bethemeth, but if you forget to RSVP you are still welcome. The more the merrier!
The Talmud states: Providing charity for poor and hungry people weighs as heavily as all the other commandments of the Torah combined.