Quick Links: Teach at CBE
RELIGIOUS SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Supervised by Religious School Director
15 hours/week (includes Wednesday evening and Sunday morning hours)
We are a vibrant and welcoming synagogue in Northern Virginia looking for an administrative assistant for our Religious School (RS). The primary mission of the Religious School is to give our children the basic tools and inspiration to live their lives Jewishly, and the Administrative Assistant is a key team member supporting our programs towards this mission.
- Perform general office duties including coordination with other staff members and volunteers, scheduling, purchasing and organizing supplies and books
- Maintain paper and electronic files including student and employee records
- Assist with logistics of special programs such as field trips, essay contests and family learning programs
- Prepares weekly email news and mailings as needed
- Administer class registration and follow-up steps
- Maintain database of students, activities etc.
- Financial administration including tracking of expenses and revenues, preparing deposits, maintaining staff sign-in sheets, assisting with budget projections, etc.
- Organize and prepare food for snacks and special programs
- Interact with parents and students in a friendly and helpful manner, including in-person, making follow-up calls and sending emails as needed
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Religious School Director
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent computer skills including competence with Microsoft Office
- Outstanding oral and written communication
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]