Fulfill the mitzvah of sending Shalach Manot (Purim treats) to CBE friends and family.
The source for this mitzvah is found in the Megillah: "Mordechai... enjoined the [Jews] to make the fourteenth day of the month of Adar... feasting and joy, and sending portions one to another, and gifts to the poor." (More about Shalach Manot)
It’s simple. Tell us who is on your list to receive a beautiful, gourmet gift bag, and we will take care of the rest, including delivery.*
Cost: Only $18 for the first recipient and $2 for each additional. Proceeds benefit the CBE Religious School.
ORDER BY FEBRUARY 27!
On paper: Send/bring your form with with check payable to CBE (sorry, can't bill to your account), to 12523 Lawyers Road, Herndon, VA 20171, Attn: Stephanie Taraday.
Mailings with logins were sent to all members and BEECC families, and should have arrived the week of Februay 5-11. Didn't receive your mailing? Contact Stephanie Taraday for a login or an additional form you can print and return.
How Does it work?
- You check off each congregant family or staff member you want to send Purim goodies to. You can also check different groups to make it easy.
- Each recipient receives ONE gourmet gift bag. It will include a scroll with a list of names of everyone who sent them Shalach Manot.
- Cost is $18 for your first recipient and $2 for each additional.
- Pick up your bag in the social hall during Religious School on Wednesday, March 8, 4:30-6:30pm.
- Pick up your bag during the Megillah reading on Saturday, March 11.
- Pick up your bag at the Purim Carnival on Sunday, March 12.
- CBE will deliver your bag to your door the week of Monday, March 13.
- BEECC Families: Shalach Manot will be sent home with your children.
The Fine Print
- Ordering online gives you the option of including a free personal greeting to each recipient. Pay by credit card or PayPal.
- Reciprocity Option: If you check the Reciprocity Option, we will automatically add your name to anyone not on your list who sends you a bag. You will be billed $3 for each reciprocal name after we deliver the gift bags.
- *We cannot deliver gift bags to P.O boxes, apartment buildings or gated communities (Let us know if you would like to pick up your bag, or if you you just want to receive the scroll with names of senders and greetings.)
*Sending to someone not on the list: If you want to order a Purim bag for someone who is not on the list of CBE members and friends, the cost of each bag is $18, and you must pick up the bag Sunday morning, March 13. You are responsible for delivery.
Contact Stephanie Taraday.
What Is Shalach Manot?
- Shalach Manot is a gift of food that we give to friends on Purim. Each Jew is obligated to send at least one Shalach Manot gift.
- CBE’s gourmet Shalach Manot bag will include food for the entire family, as well as gourmet candies, Israeli chocolates, hamentashen, and beverages!
Who sends Shalach Manot?
- We all can send Shalach Manot using CBE’s easy Shalach Manot ordering system.
- Children can send to their BEECC and religious school classmates and teachers, adults can send to all their friends! Ordering online allows you to send personal messages to each recipient.
Why do we send Shalach Manot?
- It is one of the three obligations we are required to fulfill on the holiday of Purim.
- The source for this mitzvah is found in the Megillah. "Mordechai... enjoined the [Jews] to make the fourteenth day of the month of Adar... feasting and joy, and sending portions one to another, and gifts to the poor."