Practice Torah readings --
From an image of the Torah you'll be using!
- To find your reading, scroll down and click on the link for your date that includes the number of your reading (there are usually 7 readings and a maftir on Shabbat; fewer for other days.) See the note at the bottom of the page to help decode filenames and find your reading.
- To see Torah Portions with and without vowels (online Tikkun), go here.
- To join the CBE leyning list, contact Claire Fine.
- Learning Torah Trope? Here are recordings to help.
- NOTE: These files are meant to be used on the computer; if you do print them please be sure to bring printouts to the CBE office or Religious School office for proper disposal in a Geniza.
Upcoming Torah Readings
Thursday, March 1, 2018, 9 AM - Purim
- Readings 1-3: Shema_2-17-05_2-19-06a.jpg
Saturday, March 3, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Ki Tissah
- Readings 1-2: Cerny_098-099.jpg
- Readings 3-5: Cerny_099-100.jpg
- Readings 6-7, maftir: Cerny_100-101.jpg
Saturday, March 10, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat Parah; Parashot Vaykhel & Pekudei, M'varchim Hodesh Nissan
Saturday, March 17, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat HaHodesh, Rosh Hodesh Nissan, Parashat Vayikrah, Men's Club Shabbat
- Readings 1-4: etzchayim_113-114.jpg
- Readings 5-6: etzchayim_114-115.jpg
- Reading 7: Pinchas_4-27-21_4-31-2rev.jpg
- Maftir: Shema_2-12-14_2-13-07a.jpg
Saturday, March 24, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat Hagadol
- All readings: etzchayim_118-119.jpg
Photos Coming Soon:
- Saturday, March 31, Passover First Day
- Sunday, April 1, Passover Second Day
- Friday, April 6, Passover Seventh Day
- Saturday, April 7, Passover Eighth Day
- Sunday, April 15, Rosh Hodesh
Saturday, April 14, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Shemini
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashot Tazriah & Metzorah
- Readings 1-3: etzchayim_126-127.jpg
- Readings 4-5: etzchayim_127-128.jpg
- Readings 6-7, maftir: etzchayim_128-129.jpg
Saturday, April 28, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashot Ahare Mot & Kedoshim
Saturday, May 5, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Emor
Saturday, May 12, 2018, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashot BeHar & BeHukotai; M'varkhim Hodesh Sivan
- Readings 1-6: etzchayim_144-145.jpg
- Reading 7, beginning etzchayim_145-146.jpg
- Reading 7, cont'd and maftir: etzchayim_146-147.jpg
Don't see your date above? If you are practicing ahead and your portion is not indexed here yet, you can find it on one of the sub-pages which contain links to all the photos for each Torah. Make sure to ask the leyning coordinator or your tutor which torah you'll be using.
* Filenames: Once you open the correct photo using the links above, understanding the photo's filename may help you find where your reading starts in the photo.
In the Cerny and Etz Chayim Torahs, filenames indicate the page numbers in the Ktav Tikkun, where you can find verse numbers corresponding to your reading. (Note: in some cases there is a small difference between where the Torah "paginates" vs the Tikkun.)
In our other Torahs, the columns do not correspond well with the pages in the Tikkun. Therefore a naming convention has been used for these photo files, indicating the first and last complete verses included in the photo. This is explained below.
** If more than one file is listed for your reading, check with the Leyning Coordinator to find out which Torah scroll you'll be reading from (sometimes we don't know too far in advance.)