Practice Torah readings --
From an image of the Torah you'll be using!
- To find your reading, scroll down and click on the link for your date that includes the number of your reading (there are usually 7 readings and a maftir on Shabbat; fewer for other days.) See the note at the bottom of the page to help decode filenames and find your reading.
- To see Torah Portions with and without vowels (online Tikkun), go here.
- To join the CBE leyning list, contact Claire Fine.
- Learning Torah Trope? Here are recordings to help.
- NOTE: These files are meant to be used on the computer; if you do print them please be sure to bring printouts to the CBE office or Religious School office for proper disposal in a Geniza.
Upcoming Torah Readings
Saturday, May 6, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashot Aharei Mot & Kedoshim (Omer 25)
Saturday, May 13, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Emor (Omer 32)
Saturday, May 20, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashot B'Har & BeHukkotai; M'varchim Hodesh Sivan (Omer 39)
- All Readings: etzchayim_143-144.jpg
Saturday, May 27, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Be'Midbar
Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 9 AM - Yom Tov: Shavu'ot Day 1
Thursday, June 1, 2017, 9 AM - Yom Tov: Shavu'ot Day 2
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Naso
Saturday, June 10, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat BeHa'alot'kha
Saturday, June 17, 2017, 9 AM -Shabbat Parashat Shelakh Lekha; M'varekhim Hodesh Tammuz
- All readings: Ohr_4-13-01_4-14-19a.jpg
Saturday, June 24, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Rosh HodeshTammuz, Parashat Korah
- Readings 1-4: Ohr_4-15-26_4-16-29.jpg
- Readings 5-7: Ohr_4-16-08_4-17-18b.jpg
- Maftir: Pinchas_4-27-21_4-31-2rev.jpg
Sunday, June 25, 2017, 9 AM - Rosh Hodesh Tammuz
- All readings: Pinchas_4-27-21_4-31-2rev.jpg
Saturday, July 1, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Hukkat
- All readings: Ohr_4-18-32_4-20-18a.jpg
Saturday, July 8, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Balak
Saturday, July 15, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Pinkhas
- Readings 1-4: Ohr_4-24-05_4-26-13rev.jpg
- Readings 5-6: Ohr_4-25-08_4-26-40rev.jpg
- Reading 7, maftir: Ohr_4-26-15_4-26-65a.jpg
Saturday, July 22, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashot Mattot & Mase, Mevarkhim Hodesh Av
- Readings 1-3: Ohr_4-29-22_4-31-12a.jpg
- Readings 4-5: Ohr_4-30-08_4-31-38a.jpg
- Readings 6-7, maftir: Ohr_4-31-14_4-32-09a.jpg
Don't see your date above? If you are practicing ahead and your portion is not indexed here yet, you can find it on one of the sub-pages which contain links to all the photos for each Torah.
* Filenames: Once you open the correct photo using the links above, understanding the photo's filename may help you find where your reading starts in the photo.
In the Cerny and Etz Chayim Torahs, filenames indicate the page numbers in the Ktav Tikkun, where you can find verse numbers corresponding to your reading. (Note: in some cases there is a small difference between where the Torah "paginates" vs the Tikkun.)
In our other Torahs, the columns do not correspond well with the pages in the Tikkun. Therefore a naming convention has been used for these photo files, indicating the first and last complete verses included in the photo. This is explained below.
** If more than one file is listed for your reading, check with the Leyning Coordinator to find out which Torah scroll you'll be reading from (sometimes we don't know too far in advance.)