Practice Torah readings --
From an image of the Torah you'll be using!
- To find your reading, scroll down and click on the link for your date that includes the number of your reading (there are usually 7 readings and a maftir on Shabbat; fewer for other days.) See the note at the bottom of the page to help decode filenames and find your reading.
- To see Torah Portions with and without vowels (online Tikkun), go here.
- To join the CBE leyning list, contact Claire Fine.
- Learning Torah Trope? Here are recordings to help.
- NOTE: These files are meant to be used on the computer; if you do print them please be sure to bring printouts to the CBE office or Religious School office for proper disposal in a Geniza.
Upcoming Torah Readings
Saturday, January 21, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Sh'mot, M'varchim Hodesh Shevat
- All Readings: Cerny_061-062.jpg
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Rosh Hodesh Shevat; Parashat Va'era
Saturday, February 4, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Bo
Saturday, February 11, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Shirah; Tu B'Shevat
- Readings 1-5: Cerny_076-077.jpg
- Readings 6, 7: Cerny_077-078.jpg
- Reading 7 cont'd, Maftir: Cerny_078-079.jpg
Saturday, February 18, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Yitro
- All Readings: Cerny_081-082.jpg
Saturday, February 25, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Shekalim; Parashat Mishpatim, Birkat Hodesh Adar
Sunday, February 26, 2017, 9 AM - Rosh Hodesh Adar
- All Readings; Shema_4-27-01_4-28-26a.jpg
Saturday, March 4, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parashat Terumah
- All Readings; Cerny_089-090.jpg
Saturday, March 11, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Zakhor; Parashat Tetzaveh
Saturday, March 11, 2017, Time TBD - Erev Purim
Sunday, March 12, 2017, 9 AM - Yom Purim
- All Readings: Ohr_2-17-04_2-19-02a.jpg
Saturday, March 18, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat Parah. Parashat Ki Tissah
Saturday, March 25, 2017, 9 AM - Shabbat HaHodesh; Parashot Vayakhel & Pekudei; Men's Club Shabbat
- Readings 1-3: Cerny_103-104a.jpg
- Reading 5: Cerny_104-105a.jpg
- Readings 6-7: Cerny_105-106a.jpg
- Maftir: Ohr_2-11-06_2-12-34a.jpg
Don't see your date above? If you are practicing ahead and your portion is not indexed here yet, you can find it on one of the sub-pages which contain links to all the photos for each Torah.
* Filenames: Once you open the correct photo using the links above, understanding the photo's filename may help you find where your reading starts in the photo.
In the Cerny and Etz Chayim Torahs, filenames indicate the page numbers in the Ktav Tikkun, where you can find verse numbers corresponding to your reading. (Note: in some cases there is a small difference between where the Torah "paginates" vs the Tikkun.)
In our other Torahs, the columns do not correspond well with the pages in the Tikkun. Therefore a naming convention has been used for these photo files, indicating the first and last complete verses included in the photo. This is explained below.
** If more than one file is listed for your reading, check with the Leyning Coordinator to find out which Torah scroll you'll be reading from (sometimes we don't know too far in advance.)